Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Listen to this

"Take My Hand, Not My Picture..."

Twirling my own fingers and tightinigh my core
with images of years spent waiting for
you on the floor.

So many breaths taken in your
spectrum, waiting in an alley
my tounge thumping like a drum.
So many days spent in rivers of weeps
so many moments and trouble
with sleep

Throwing pennies over bridges
writing words that did nothing
anxious, nervous, twitching
risky, careless, slushing.

All because of love
or the thought that it might be discovered
a brand new smell
and brand new covers

And years have sped by 
And epidermall skin has died
a thousand times over
like a broken film clicking 
and clicking
and clicking

The tragic comedy
the heroin an average man
casually strolling below the beat of the earth's heart...

So, songs will soar me back
and small hands catapult to the present
summarized in moments
with lyrics misinterpreted. 

And, I wait.


 "I don't want to take what you can give...
I would rather starve than eat your bread...
I would rather run but I can't walk...
Guess I'll lie alone just like before...
I'll take the vermin's path... oh, and I must refuse your test
A-push me and I will resist... this behavior's not unique
I don't want to hear from those who know...
They can buy, but can't put on my clothes...
I don't want to limp for them to walk...
Never would have known of me before...
I don't want to be held in your debt...
I'll pay it off in blood, let I be wed...
I'm already cut up and half dead...
I'll end up alone like I began...
Everything has chains... absolutely nothing's changed
"Take my hand, not my picture," spilled my tincture"


No comments:

Society

No one can really know Everything about you, but

I cannot live with someone who can't live without me.
Nadine Gordimer