Friday, April 8, 2016

When I dream of Michelango


I cleared my head as I slept
and yet there's that
face I met.

The one with the spark
the one with the laugh
touched in the dark
delivered from my past.

How are you here?
So close and so far
thousands of days
thousands of scars.

Twisted on the hood of that car
Rain pouring down
moving like tar
I can't hear a sound.

Along came a ghost
and the floor dropped out
sad humming crows
just a dream and years of drought.

They can be so real
these pictures in our heads
I could smell you, your hands I could feel.
Holding on so tight!
But then you melted away,
like a storm at light.
like Utah's snow in May. 
A black and white checkered cover
like a scattered lover
rocks at a window
joy discovered
music, so much music
dancing in trees
these dreams distorted
But I know what it means...
Can I write this?
Can I feel this?
You've been gone so long
dead but alive
here but gone.
dry from the rain
right not wrong.

I woke up and cried
in the middle of the room,
 hands are tied.
I can't find you in bloom.

I'm not allowed to tip the boats
I just teeter at sea
and empty into these notes,
as useless as they can be.



...Saturn on a line
A sun afire on strings and wires
To spin above my head and make it right
But any time you like
You can catch a sight of angel eyes all emptiness and infinite

And I dream of Michelangelo when I'm lying in my bed
I see god upon the ceiling I see angels overhead
And he seems so close as he reaches out his hand
But we are never quite as close as we are led to understand...







No comments:

Society

No one can really know Everything about you, but

I cannot live with someone who can't live without me.
Nadine Gordimer